This Action call is dedicated to Middle East and Africa (MEA) founders.
Panacea MEA is the region’s first-ever technology transfer, translation and funding vehicle for scientific ventures.
It will offer an all-inclusive proprietary toolkit of smart capital as well as international services required to kickstart, develop and grow ventures across different life sciences and healthcare domains, with full support from Panacea’s UK based HQ in-house expertise and scaffold of international collaborators and service providers.
- Deep science ideas that fit within the fields of life sciences, biotech, therapeutics and drug discovery, diagnostics, medical technology, medical devices and digital health, as well as artificial intelligence.
- Post-academic research phase ideas or companies at their early stages of product and(0r) service commercialisation development; whether it be pre-seed, seed or post-seed.
- The idea must be supported by preliminary data and/or a sound proposal.
- A provisional or underdevelopment business plan must be provided.
- Full-time or part-time founder(s)
- We only accept startups with a validated market opportunity where there are customers (investors or industrial bodies) willing to pay for their asset/s.
- A tailored development plan, focused on reaching the agreed milestones, delivered through an ecosystem of discounted services from our network of service providers. Services can include, among others:
- Access to wet lab and office space
- Advanced R&D and high throughput screening
- Molecular design tools and synthesis approaches
- Clinical trials and regulatory
- Design and prototyping for commercialization
- Piloting and scaling-up to pre-production and transfer to manufacture
- AI and digital alpha, beta and MVP
- Route to market and reimbursement schemes
- Legal and business management consulting
- Finance and accounting
- Grant writing, pitching, marketing and soft skills coaching
- A consortium of academic and corporate mentors – leading scientific, R&D, industrial, consultancy, intellectual property, law and venture capital organisations.
- A series of events and introductions to leading investors and corporates and a thriving sci-entrepreneurial environment, guaranteed nowhere else!
- Providing technology transfer and transitional services via a combination of regional activities bridged with panacea Innovation’s UK based HQ in-house expertise and scaffold of international service providers
Running over several phases and across different locations, Panacea aims at providing a scaffold of technology transfer and investment packages to its founders, and an opportunity to help them building and growing their startups locally in their home countries, while bridging them with Panacea's international network that can help their development.
Accepting applications and shortlisting
We are constantly looking for the next big ideas developed by MEA's most interesting entrepreneurs and scientists. We are accepting applications all year round. Shortlisted applicants are interviewed, and an initial due diligence on the science, team and business is conducted.
Selected startups are invited to join a comprehensive full-day bootcamp in either Cairo-Egypt, or Dubai-UAE, to help them refining their milestones plan, and to help us tailoring the most suitable package for each of our companies.
Selected startups are invited to join Panacea Stars Develop phase, to de-risk their companies and compete for a £100K prize package. As part of Develop, all of our startups join a 4-day bootcamp at the University of Oxford, where they access our global network of advisors, service providers and collaborators, helping them building a concrete milestones plan
Best performing startups are further offered an all-inclusive investment package to join Grow phase. During Grow, our startups deliver a set of tangible milestones to build their assets portfolio. Although Grow takes place at the startups' local jurisdiction, yet our portfolio continuously benefits from our international bridges.
Panacea MEA is the region’s first-ever technology transfer, translation and funding vehicle for scientific ventures. It will offer an all-inclusive proprietary toolkit of smart capital as well as international services required to kickstart, develop and grow ventures across different life sciences and healthcare domains, with full support from Panacea’s UK based HQ in-house expertise and scaffold of international collaborators and service providers.
We invest in innovative startups with life sciences and health care ideas that fit within the fields of pharmaceuticals, biotech, therapeutics and drug discovery, diagnostics, medical technology, medical devices and digital health, as well as artificial intelligence. Panacea MEA is also interested in supporting companies at both the services and manufacturing sectors of the previously mentioned domains.
No. Our funding is aimed to support companies at their early stages of product(s) and (or) service(s) commercialisation development; whether it be pre-seed, seed or post-seed. Although we expect that part of the provided capital is going to support your R&D activities, yet such activities must all represent part of the commercialisation plan and the agreed milestones.
We provide funding and a variety of technical and operational services in return for around anywhere between 10-50% equity stake in our companies.
You can still apply if you have an idea for a business but do not have a team yet. Info sessions will be organised prior to the application deadline to enable you to either recruit other entrepreneurs to broaden your existing team’s skill set or to look for a team to build or join
Yes, once your preliminary idea is viable and accepted, we will take you through all the needed steps to get the company up and running.
No, we don’t ask for a full business plan to apply for our program, but we believe that the teams should know how to commercialise their technology, have a sensible product-market fit, and have the vision to grow.
For any additional enquires, please don’t hesitate to contact us through email@example.com
Join us now!
Apply now to be considered for our next shortlisting